Full Time, Permanent, 37.00 hours per week
SGB Grade 4, Term Time Only (scale point 5 - 6: £23,500 - £23,893)
Pro rata salary £20,304 - £20,644
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic Teaching Assistant who will join our highly professional and dedicated team under the management of the SENCO. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to upholding the ethos and values of our school; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed. The appointed person will work primarily with a student who has an EHCP.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
- A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
- An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
- A very positive climate for learning.
- A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
- Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
- A commitment to inclusive practice.
- All applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- Applications will only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer. In the case of teachers, one reference must come from your most recent headteacher.
- Once a written reference has been received, we will contact the referee by telephone to confirm the provenance of that reference.
- If shortlisted, online searches will be carried out, in order to help identify any incidents or issues that have happened and are publicly available online, which the school might want to explore with the applicant at interview.
- If shortlisted, we will request a portrait photo of you to attach to your file and to help confirm your identity.
- If appointed, the successful applicant will be informed that the appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of the following checks: the right to work in the UK, qualifications requirements, satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, the Criminal Record Self-Declaration Form, teacher prohibition and barred list checks, pre-employment medical screening and satisfactory references (if not already received).
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher’s PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm on Friday 8th December 2023. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting for this post will take place on Friday 8th December 2023 and successful applicants will be contacted no later than 3.20pm on the same day. If you have not heard from us by this time, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th December 2023; will include a tour around the school, discussion with the SENCO and interviews for the short-listed candidates.