Student Support and Help
We have put together the tips and hints below in order to help you to complete your homework to the highest standard as well as to help you to organise your time effectively.
- Complete the homework on the day it is set. This is our top tip to make completing your homework manageable and avoid you feeling overwhelmed with deadlines.
- Always choose a quiet, productive place to complete your homework in.
- Remove any distractions such as phones, or TVs etc.
- The homework should not take more time than the allocated time (see homework timetable for your Year group). We also do not want you working over the allocated time or working over the weekend. This can happen if you do not complete the work on the day it is set.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed or you feel you cannot keep up with the work, please speak to your form tutor in the first instance to see how we can help you.
- If some homework is taking longer to complete than expected speak to your teacher.
- When your year group has assessments/PPEs, the homework building up to it will be the revision. You are not expected to complete revision on top of the homework. In the homework preceding the assessment the end date will be the day the assessment is on.
- During your assessment weeks/PPEs you will NOT be set new homework.
- The diagram below summarises the support we have in place to help you to complete your homework.