Come along and meet new parents, have your say in what happens with the Parents Association events.
Any questions/queries or would like to put views forward to the meeting in your absence please email them to Mrs D Hill
Aims of the ‘Friends of Balfour’ (AKA Parents Association)
Our main aim is to raise funds for the school to use in a variety of ways.
We are also committed to supporting the school by providing practical help e.g. serving refreshments at events and helping the school to create the best and most effective learning environment possible for our children.
Use of funds
We use the funds we raise to support the school and our children in a number of ways. These have included:
- Contributing to the transport costs for the school trip to the Houses of Parliament.
- New Bunsen Burners for the Science Department.
- Purchasing a Digital Piano and Stand for Expressive Arts.
- Textbooks for the Design and Technology, Modern Foreign Languages and History departments.
During the year we run a number of fundraising events including Bingo nights, Quiz nights, Summer Fair, Fish and Chip Supper and Balfour’s Got Talent.
How you can help.
- Come along to our monthly meetings.
- Suggest new ideas for fundraising
- Offer skills and services which may be useful to our group e.g. designing posters/ leaflets.
- Volunteer to help at a fund raising event.
- Join the ‘100 Club’.
- Make a donation at a school event.
We are always looking for new members to join the group, it’s not a big commitment and you will always be welcome!
Please contact Debbie Hill Chair of the Parents Association via the email address above if you would like to join.
To follow (If any)