The Local Governing Body of Sir Graham Balfour School comprises 9 members:
2 appointed by the Trust Board
1 Teacher representative
1 Non-Teaching Staff representative
2 Parents representatives
2 Co-opted by the non-co-opted members
The Chair of Governors is Mike Winkle and the Vice-Chair of Governors is John Salt.
A list of Governors detailing their terms of office, appointing body, sub-committee membership, attendance record at meetings and pecuniary interests is published on the school website.
The LGB has certain responsibilities, in consultation with and following the agreement of the MAT, including:
- The determination of school level policies which reflect the school’s ethos and values.
- Budgeting to support delivery of school key priorities.
- Ensuring robustness in benchmarking and value for money.
- Teaching and Learning strategies.
- Student behaviour and attendance.
- Engagement with stakeholders.
- Priorities for academy improvement.
- The Academy's aims, ethos and vision.
- Monitoring progress against the aims and objectives
- Reporting to the Multi-Academy Trust Board.
The Local Governing Body has scheduled meetings four times during the academic year and addresses its duties using two sub-committees. These sub-committees meet three times during the year. They are:
Resources, Health & Safety and Staffing, (RHS).
Standards, Curriculum and Students and Community, (SCS).
Each member of the Local Governing Body is required to be a member of a sub-committee.
Together, we have a range of complementary skills that enable us to fulfil our role as critical friends of the Academy. We are united in our determination to support and encourage the further development of Sir Graham Balfour School.